+33(0)5 46 29 40 76
Saturday April 28
Saturday September 23
A NATURAL ATMOSPHERE
An exceptional island
The Baleines Campsite: a haven of greenery in a natural and preserved area
Alongside Saint Clément des Baleines’ wild coast, our 3 stars campsite is 4Ha600 long, and has an incredible view on the Baleines Lighthouse. The bravest ones will climb up the 257 steps to reach the top of the lighthouse and will enjoy an amazing view of the island and of its beaches, such as the beach of La Conche. Thanks to the large embankment, you will have the opportunity to walk alongside the ocean, towards the village. In this village you will encounter a daily market, close to the church (3 days a week, from April to mid-June). Then, you can go on a bike tour, and ride through salt marshes towards the village of Ars en Ré, which is considered as one of the most beautiful in France, and towards the village of Les Portes en Ré.
A natural campsite on Ré Island, for a relaxing holiday
To coincide with the general atmosphere on Ré Island, we wanted to build a campsite that respects this natural and preserved area by proposing a peace haven. In front of our lavatories, we have installed some wood and metal garden sets that you can use whilst waiting for the shower or just to have the occasional chit-chat. The 18 mobile homes are spread over the campsite, so as the pitches and the 5 lodge tents. The pitches are surrounded by endemic hedges from Ré Island. You will also get your lot of shade thanks to our 70 plane trees.
Why are we different?
There is neither swimming pool nor evening entertainment in our campsite because it is set up on a natural classified area. Our duty is to preserve the specificities of this area and the atmosphere of the location. We wanted this campsite to be a friendly place where you can relax and take a break during your holidays.
What is the European Eco-label?
The European Eco-label is the only official ecological European label present in each country member of the European Union. In France, the label is delivered by AFNOR, an independent certifying institution. Nowadays, it attracts more and more French touristic institutions, as well as European ones.
This is an independent certifying approach.
Why did we want this label?
This initiative started off from a personal conviction. We wanted to enlist our campsite on this Eco-label because of our duty towards ecology, a concern which is more and more necessary for the well-being of our beloved planet.
The Island of Ré is a treasure of the Atlantic coast. Our area is exceptional and we have to preserve it. Our campsite has to be adapted to its environment, and not the other way round. Through our European Eco-label, we show that it is possible to reconcile economic activity with ecology.
Our actions in Les Baleines Campsite:
- 100% of our electricity comes from renewable energies.
- 100% of our light bulbs are energy-saving.
- We have installed presence detectors in our lavatories, in order to guarantee lighting when entering or leaving these premises.
- We carefully study every month the overall ratio of energy consumption compared to the occupancy rate.
More than half of our outdoor lighting system uses solar energy.
- Household appliances are listed as class A and the washing machines are labeled “Energy Star”.
- We also have a dedicated area where we store more than 70 bicycles.
• The evacuation system in the toilets is limited to 6 liters.
• Every single water source, whether in the mobile homes or in the lavatories, is equipped with an excess flow valve. (Mixer taps are limited to 5 liters max/minute and the showers to 9 liters max/minute).
We change sheets upon our client’s requests.
• We perform monthly water consumption check-ups with monthly ratios concerning these check-ups and the occupancy rate.
- We rigorously manage our selective sorting everyday. We inform our clients and employees about selective sorting.
- Whatever their position may be, every employee has to respect a specific selective sorting procedure.
- We have banned all disposable or individually packed products.
- Old functional objects are donated to the Red Cross.
Convenience store and Breakfast:
- In our little convenience store, you will find a variety of local and regional products.
- Our breakfasts are composed of local products such as jam or butter. Coffee is delivered by a company located in La Rochelle. Milk and orange juice are products of organic farming.
- 5 out 7 cleaning products are classified European Ecolabel. One product is classified Ecocert, a German ecological label. The 7th product we use is white vinegar.
- The toilet paper at your disposal in the lavatories are certified European Ecolabel.
- Apart from the lawnmower, all the tools we use to maintain the campsite’s green areas are electric.
- Greasing oil used for the chainsaw is 100% biodegradable.
- The paint used for the lavatories and the common areas is certified European Ecolabel.
- 80% of the computer equipment we use is labeled “Energy Star”.
- We have purchased an electric car (RENAULT ZOE) that we offer for rental.
- We do not use any chemical products for weeding, everything is done by hand.
- A car-pooling board is at our clients’ disposal to share short but necessary trips, such as going shopping at the supermarket or at local markets on the Island.
- In order to limit the use of the dryer, we sell washing lines for the small price of 0.50 euros.
- We incite our clients to use the electric minibuses.
- In autumn, we sample sprouts on existing plants that we then place in greenhouses in order to limit travelling to buy or deliver them.
- We have installed two 500 liters rainwater recovery tanks. They allow us to water all our green areas.
- We have 4 chickens donated by a local breeder. They eat vegetable peelings and our clients’ leftover fish and meat.
- The lodge tent’s interiors and terraces are made out of non-treated wood.
Woodcut Cabin on the Island of Ré -22m2: A warm and cozy place in Charente-Maritime
The cabin is built on the other side of the bridge of the Island of Ré, in a small craft workshop. This is a 100% French and local product. The pine wood comes from the swamp of Poitevin, the oak wood comes from the region of Dordogne, and both of them are non-treated.
You will find a refined and natural decoration inside the Caban. It contains:
– A living room with a fitted kitchen area (a fridge with a freezer, an electric coffeemaker, an electric kettle, a microwave, and crockery equipment)
– A bedroom with a 140 x 200cm bed
– A shower with separate toilets
On the mezzanine, you will find 2 beds with a size of 70 x 200cm. We provide the whole bedding equipment for 3 night stays and more. The Cabin is great for two parents and two young children.
Outside, there is a large semi-covered and equipped terrace. It will allow you to enjoy the lovely evenings of our Island.
Last but not least, there is a specific parking space close to the Cabin.